Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Re: [Xbox] External Hard Drive

Datel makes both the xsata and xport. here is a link to their website:

http://us.codejunkies.com/Departments/Xbox360.aspx

Ive had both and i would say if youre gonna get either go for the xport and not the xsata. My reasons why are as follows:

xsata will connect to your 360 and lays between the body of the system and the hard drive has a cool blue LED but it seems to be designed for only if your system is standing up. those of you that know the nature of dvd drives thats the faster way to kill your drive. The xsata if you want or feel the need to remove it wants to rip the plastic meshed side panels off of your 360.., it almost broke mine. xsata has the older software in it [which is shit].

The xport for one is cheaper. Its less abrasive to your system [only uses USB cords (similar to that of an enclosure)]. The software included in this one is the one that you want. plus its cheaper and doesnt run dependant on your system like the xsata. Suggestion keep your 20 as a back up and use it to play your games on and just use your 12o for the bigger files and keep it with the xport when youre not using them.., it also makes a nice cradle to keep your hdd safe while youre not using it.

Feel free to ask more.

Quinn

XBL tag: DrunknIronRabit

PRoPHeTiZeR <prophetizer@wrup.net> wrote:
I did but I guess I didn't dig deeper.  The xPort site I found was this:  http://xport.xbox-scene.com/
 
Is this something different than what you're talking about?
 

From: Xbox@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Xbox@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of PRoPHeTiZeR
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:49 AM
To: Xbox@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Xbox] External Hard Drive
 
uh, no, the xsata is always on your hdd, the xport just sits on your pc and u plug in the hdd or mem card when u want to back stuff up, did u look it up?

Alan K. Martinez wrote:
Datal makes xSata.  xPort looks more like a game emulator.
 
I didn't want to emulate the games on a PC, I am more interested in just backing up the hard drive and easily transferring the games between drives when/if needed.
 
The xSata looks like it might do the job but it sounds like the file system is a little complicated with alpha/numerically coded directories instead of simple directory names representing either the game or the game saves.
 
I'll see if I can get more info on it and see if it will do what I'm looking for but this is a good start.  Thanks!
 
 
 

From: Xbox@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Xbox@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of PRoPHeTiZeR
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:28 AM
To: Xbox@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Xbox] External Hard Drive
 
datel makes some products, xPort maybe, or xSata, i don't remember lol, but they have a couple

Alan K. Martinez wrote:
Is there a way or is it possible to connect a USB external hard drive to the 360 and backup or move some of the content off of the 360 drive?
 
I have a 120Gb hard drive and I'm not anywhere near filling it up but I wanted to know what my options were if I were to start downloading video or if I start to fill it up.
 
I'm a little bit of a digital pack rat and like to keep what I downloaded even if it's demo or crapware.  But if I can't keep it because of space constrictions the crapware goes first but I wanted to find out if there are other options…
 
I didn't sell my 20Gb drive yet so if I really had to I can use that as extra storage but I wouldn't be able to play or use what I've saved on the 120….
 


You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. __._,_.___

Brought to you by Xbox, the largest XBox releated Group on Yahoo!
The Xbox group is a sister channel to the GamersVue News Network.
Http://www.Gamersvue.Com

Operated by 'The PogoWolf' and ToddATV

Affiliate Group(s):
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life


Tell your friends. ;)




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments: