Friday, March 28, 2008

RE: [Xbox] LAS VEGAS 2 KICKS ASS

I’m a big fan of R6V and R6V2.

 

The AI is improved and more of a challenge and fun.  The 2 units for backup that they give you don’t seem any different to me from the first game though.  Maybe I’m using them differently than you are but I usually send them in first to draw fire as much as possible.  There is only one time I did see a situation that better AI on the backup would have been good but to describe it here might give away a section of the game.

 

I need to put more time into it with my buddy but in R6V we spent a lot of time playing terrorist hunt and was very much annoyed and disappointed in the way the spawning works for the terrorist AI.  They way a terrorist hunt map should have worked in my opinion is that the map should be completely populated at the beginning of the game instead of them appearing after someone reaches a trigger point.  The reason is if someone is in a room where a spawn point exist but the spawn has not been triggered yet, then your partner goes out and triggers it the terrorist suddenly appears right on top of you.  In my situation I was in a room with my back to the wall in a corner.  My buddy went out and reached a trigger point that we have not discovered yet, and the terrorist spawned in the 2 feet of space between me and the wall with my back to him.  Point blank shots to the back of the head is something that a player usually doesn’t recover from….

 

The AI in this version has been pushed up.  They do react now if you “Go Loud” and fire down a hall or around a corner and they call in their backup that is close by.  That is what I’ve observed at least.

 

We’ve played in realistic mode and I think there is still some realism that they could have put in.  Even with body armor most shot at certain ranges should either kill or cause enough serious injury that it would be difficult if not impossible to recover from for both you and the AI.  I’ve come across giving a few head shots and seeing the red mist of the injury go out but the AI still moved off to the side and fought back.  Even glancing head blows with a 5.56mm round  would put down 99% of the population.

 

Overall I’m still very please but I’m also a little biased.  I’ve been an R6 fan since the first version on the PC which I still have…

 


From: Xbox@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Xbox@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nibiru201231
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 10:18 AM
To: Xbox@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Xbox] LAS VEGAS 2 KICKS ASS

 

okay so I just got las vegas 2 been playing it for two days now and
DAMN!! I mean this game has everthing a first person shooter should.
From the the sweet AI even onthe easiest setting, to the graphics this
game has really done what it has set out to do in providing gammers a
seemingly very realistic setting to what it would be like to live that
kinda life. now, as far as I've seen so far, the only KINDA drawback to
the game (in my opinion) is that sometimes my crew seems to be kinda
slow in reacting time in covering my ass in the heat of battle. BUT,
mearly the most minute detail in compareson to the excitment this game
offers. THANX XBOX for realeasing another SWEET game. and ALTHOUGH I
HAVE HAD TO SEND MY BOX IN TWICE FOR REPAIR!!! I am still very pleased
with the 360 (beeing a playstation fan as far back as the first one)
switching to the xbox360 was, for me, a good choice. I dont give a s##t
about "blue-ray" I have a 42" HD and a 60" regular tv and the games and
movies look JUST fine on them. all I can say for the XBOX corp is
PLEASE STOP PUSHING GAMES BACK. Ive been waiting on FORCE UNLEASHED and
GTA4 FOREVER!!!! anyway back to my main point, ANYONE who is a fan of
the first VEGAS will be MORE than pleased with the second one.

__._,_.___

Brought to you by Xbox, the largest XBox releated Group on Yahoo!
The Xbox group is a sister channel to the GamersVue News Network.
Http://www.Gamersvue.Com

Operated by 'The PogoWolf' and ToddATV

Affiliate Group(s):
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life


Tell your friends. ;)




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments: