Thursday, May 22, 2008

[Xbox] RE: What the heck?

I changed the system around, the old CMS I was using, joomla, didn’t allow you to post articles to multiple categories, which sux for games since a lot are multiplatform.  I got the new system up, and working finally, properly.  Now I just need peeps to help manage the articles and moderate the forums, add new forums when new games come out and whatnot.  I’m going to create a link in my sig for all this stuff soon as well.  What I am working on now is the review system, which will allow everyone to write reviews, all users.  I think that’s a good catch for the site, I might rename the site based around that functionality.  But other than that, it’s working great, I just need to edit some templates and stuff, but nothing that keeps it from being used.

 

 

 

From: gamers_for_life@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gamers_for_life@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nathan
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:51 PM
To: gamers_for_life@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [gamers_for_life] What the heck?

 

Hey how is wrup going? Any peeps using it yet? I haven't had anything original come to mind to post there, well other than GTA4 spoilers that are better left unsaid.

 

Have any of you tried to kill Michelle lol?

 

Nate

PRoPHeTiZeR <prophetizer@wrup.net> wrote:

Blue dragon is pretty good, it’s standard JRPG, doesn’t do anything special, but it’s fun.  My son and I watch the blue dragon cartoon on Saturday mornings as well, and every time we watch it, we want to go play the game

From: gamers_for_life@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gamers_for_life@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Dorkerella
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:24 PM
To: gamers_for_life@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [gamers_for_life] What the heck?

I tried Enchanted Arms.  I could only stand 2 hours of it.  Didn't much care for Persona, either. I really wanted to play Kingdom under fire. But it got such bad ratings I returned it without opening it.

How about Blue Dragon?  Anybody play that? 

Or any recommendations for Soul Calibur before the new one comes out?

Nelson Pacheco <nelson@nelzp.com> wrote:

Enchanted Arms was pretty good, very similar to Lost Odyssey.   I made it all the way to disc 4 on LO and then hit a wall, lost total interest and traded the game away.


thanks,
Nelson

 

Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:55 PM

Subject: Re: [gamers_for_life] What the heck?

Ok...here's one for you.

I just finished Lost Odyssey. GREAT game (for me!). Thanks to a wonderful tip in the Xbox group.

So, now I have a 3 day weekend coming up and I am so in the mood for another GREAT game.

I tend to lean toward RPG. I like shooters as long as it's not too army type like COD4. I especially like GOW and Lara Croft games. And I like goofy games like Psychonauts and Razes Hell. I suck at driving games.

Any suggestions besides telling to go back and read old posts?

I own PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, PSP

Nathan <full_metal_jacket1974@yahoo.com> wrote:

Whats up with some of the new peeps? This girl gets approved membership
this morning with a great intro about games she likes, even puts up a
pic of herself in the Faces folder:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life/spnew
Then she leaves at 1pm today lol. There haven't been any arguements or
anybody bad mouthing anybody else in that time lol.

Why can't we get some new guys to start posting and become regulars
around here. I see some great intro's when you guys join and then never
see you post at all. I don't get it, are you guys just here for news
and you don't want to talk video games at all?

Nate


------------------------------------

Gamers for Life Contents and Images © All rights reserved.
No reproduction or replication in any form, including posts/pics, w/out express written
permissision is permitted. Unsolicited 'harvesting' of our Members e-mail addresses is illegal and all
available recourse will be taken. All contents and files provided by Members © 2005-2008
Gamers for Life the best video games group on Yahoo!

GFL Social Club: The place for offtopic discussion:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/GamersForLife_SocialClub/
What aRe yoU Playing?
http://www.wrup.net/
Xbox 360 Gamertag database:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life/database?method=reportRows&tbl=6
Wii Mii code database:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life/database?method=reportRows&tbl=7
PS3 Handle:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life/database?method=reportRows&tbl=11Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:gamers_for_life-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:gamers_for_life-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
gamers_for_life-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  

 

  

__._,_.___

____________________________________________________
Yahoo! Xbox Group Contents and Images �  All rights reserved.  No reproduction or replication in any form, including posts/pics, w/out express written permissision is permitted. Unsolicited 'harvesting' of our Members e-mail addresses is illegal and all available recourse will be taken. All contents and files provided by group Members � 2005-2008

Affiliate Group(s):
Http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamers_for_life
Http://www.Gamersvue.com

Tell your friends. ;)
__________________________________________________




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments: